Create your own apps that utilize Lumar’s awesome capabilities with our new GraphQL API.
Lumar website intelligence data — in your own custom app
Our API provides programmatic access to Lumar’s ultra-fast, ultra-flexible website crawler and core website intelligence data. Using the API, you can write your own applications, deployed in your own environment, using the programming language and platforms you choose.
How our customers use the Lumar API
- Build custom dashboards to help their SEO, dev and UX teams focus on what really matters to them.
- Automatically trigger a crawl whenever they update their staging site, to make sure everything is in good order before it is deployed.
- Integrate SEO data into client-facing platforms. Automatically crawl clients’ sites and provide important SEO metrics within their own platforms and services.
The Lumar API uses GraphQL to simplify integrations and give greater flexibility. For more information, check out our API documentation. (If you have very specific requirements, feel free to run them by us at email@example.com)
Making integrations simpler & more flexible
As Lumar uses the latest GraphQL technology, our new API allows integrations to request the exact Lumar data you require, reducing bloat and load-time.
- Quicker queries. Because the API only requests the data that’s needed, queries can be completed in less time.
- Single API. We can now provide a single API for integration with all of our current (and future!) apps.
- Easier integrations. GraphQL is self-documenting and can be used with your preferred tool, simplifying integrations.
- More opportunities. Customers and partners can use their Lumar-sourced data in any way they like, increasing options for integrations and reporting.
Now powered by GraphQL
Why have we upgraded to a GraphQL-powered API instead of relying on the older REST query language? Put simply: it’s better, faster, and more reliable for our customers.
“While typical REST APIs require loading from multiple URLs, GraphQL APIs get all the data your app needs in a single request. Apps using GraphQL can be quick even on slow mobile network connections.”
This query language allows users to build fast-running integrations and create tailored requests that won’t pull in any extraneous data that might otherwise slow things down. Using GraphQL’s ‘type’ system will also help you make sure that any apps you build are only asking for what’s possible (and any errors are clearly identified and understood for easy troubleshooting).
We want to empower our customers to get the absolute most out of their Lumar data (as you likely know, there is a lot of actionable data in our crawls). Our new API provides even greater flexibility for Lumar customers to do just that.