It provides you with details about the personal information we collect from you, how we use your personal information and your rights to control personal information we hold about you.
Who We Are
Written Byte Ltd (trading as Lumar and formerly known as Deepcrawl) is a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 05936299), whose registered office is at:
1 Poultry, London EC2R 8EJ, UK and we are the data controller of the personal information that we collect from you.
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal information you provide to us in accordance with applicable data protection and laws.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal
information, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact
Mike Smith who is our data protection officer by any of the following means:
Via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at: 1 Poultry, London EC2R 8EJ, UK.
A Quick Word About Children
We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised child
under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use this
website unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or
The Personal Information We Collect About You
When you access and browse this website (including when you submit personal
information to us through data entry fields on the website), we may collect the following information from you:
- your name;
- your age and sex;
- your postal address;
- your phone, fax and e-mail details;
- credit card information for transactions; and
- data about your computer hardware and software (such as IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses).
How We Store And Use Your Information
We collect, store and use your personal information listed above for the following purposes:
- to make this website available to you;
- to provide you with and maintain the quality of the Lumar service;
- to create a Lumar account for you;
- to complete the payment of any fees that you pay through the website for use of the Lumar service; and
- for any necessary communication between us and you regarding the Lumar service.
Your personal information is processed in accordance with our legitimate interest in providing a service to you and monitoring and improving the use and satisfaction of our website.
Finally, we also collect anonymised details about visitors to our website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details we collect for these purposes.
How We Share Your Personal Information And Who We Share It With
We will disclose information under the following circumstances:
- Third-party service providers: When we share anonymous information with third-party service companies to facilitate or to provide certain services on our behalf. This will include companies that facilitate subscription billing for use of our services and website and companies that host our data (i.e. server providers). These companies are authorised to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Merger or acquisition: When we need to transfer information about you if we are acquired by or merged with another company. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified afterwards via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
We will transfer personal information that we collect from you to third party service providers who host our data. They are located in the United States of America.
We will transfer personal information that we collect from you to members of our group of companies located in countries that are outside of the European Economic Area (including to the United States of America) in connection with the above purposes.
Further details on the steps we take to protect your personal information in these cases are available from us on request by emailing email@example.com or writing to us at 1 Poultry, London EC2R 8EJ, UK.
Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer over the Internet to us.
We will retain information (including personal information) relating to your subscription and the services we provide to you for as long as you subscribe to our services and for up to five years after that time.
We will retain information used for marketing purposes for up to two years unless you let us know that you would like to opt-out of such communications.
We will delete personal information after the retention periods set out above except where we need to keep any personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask us to provide you with copies of personal information that we hold about you at any time;
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of- date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you free of charge; and
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we (or any third party to whom we have disclosed your personal information with your consent) send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please write to us (either by post or by e-mail) at at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 1 Poultry, London EC2R 8EJ, UK.
If you want us to stop using or to delete your personal information, you can contact us and tell us why. In certain circumstances we may not be able to stop using your personal information but, if that is the case, we’ll let you know and tell you why. If you wish to do this, please write to us (either by post or by e-mail) at email@example.com or write to us at 1 Poultry, London EC2R 8EJ, UK.
This website contains links to other websites operated by third parties.
information that third parties may collect, store and use through their website.
In the EEA, you may also make a complaint to our supervisory body for data protection matters (namely the Information Commissioner’s Office) or seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.